We can all do our share here on Planet Earth. I want to share with you 30 loving ways to make the world a better place by spreading your love to:
- Your community
Have you ever heard the Michael Jackson classic Heal the World?
The inspirational song is a powerful plea to heal the world by spreading love. Love is often accompanied by kindness, compassion, and generosity.
If you look at the state of the world today, there is a dire need for love and its companions to come into play.
Take a look at this YouTube video of Heal the World
which draws attention to all that ails us in the world today
and how a love for fellow man can rescue us:
It’s now imperative to introspect and find ways to spread this awesome message of a love of mankind.
What is needed is a global chain of love to heal our fractured society.
Additional Reading: 20 Ways to Feel Good and Do Good in the World, Starting Now
Ideas to share love and kindness
If you think that one person cannot make a difference, I urge you to think again.
Spreading love in any shape or form is like kindling a fire. It soon roars to a flame and can eat up everything in its path.
Here are some ideas to kindle and spread the flame of love like a raging bush fire.
Michael J. Fox states this about families:
A family is not an important thing, it’s everything.
But we often take our families for granted because we see them everyday.
So, let’s start showing love at home first:
- Hug and kiss a lot
- Learn to listen to your kids with 100% of your attention
- Have fun together with tickle contests and pillow fights
- Plan events to make memories together
- Say ‘I love you’ every single day
Here’s a quote that sums up the joy of friendship:
A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.
If you’re lucky enough to have your own tribe of girlfriends, you have an awesome way to share love.
Like the 5 fingers of our hands, our friends are all different. So, find out what they need most from the friendship and give it unstintingly.
Show love by:
- Being their pillar of support in times of crisis
- Cooking a home cooked meal for a stressed out friend
- Offering to babysit so your friend can have a rest from being mom
- Buying a few treats for a friend who is struggling
- Encouraging a friend to improve her skills to start a new business
Let your actions prove the proverb,
‘ A friend in need is a friend indeed.’
Neighbors, over time, grow to become like family. In some cases, they may have seen your kids grow from infancy to adulthood.
Be kind and loving so that they fully experience the maxim,
‘Love thy neighbor as Thyself.’
Build opportunities to bond and connect more:
- Offer to run errands like grocery shopping
- Help with gardening
- Lend a hand with chores such as cleaning windows
- Start a weekly coffee and cake date
- Invite them for potluck dinners
If you have a 9 to 5 job, you spend a lot of time with your colleagues.
It can be quite stressful to manage home and work life.
Here’s another opportunity to spread love:
- Offer support if a co-worker is having difficulty with his tasks
- Buy flowers or a pot plant for a colleague’s desk
- Cover their tasks if they’re forced to take time off
- Sweeten work mornings by bringing in muffins
- Make birthdays at work special
One of the best ways to spread love is to join a local community organization like a church or charity.
Share love by:
- Volunteering to serve at soup kitchens
- Buy lunch for a homeless person
- Donating to feeding schemes
- Participating in Christmas drives
- Contributing to connections for needy families
Other ideas to show love
- Smile at strangers
- Pay compliments
- Say thank you to shop assistant
- Pay for the person behind you
- Buy an extra meal at a restaurant for a homeless person
Try to find ways to include these 30 small, but meaningful, ideas to spread love and enrich our world into your day.
Did you know…..
You can receive my monthly newsletter overflowing with joyful inspiration.
Easy peasy…. Just sign up below.