Workplaces are changing on a daily basis and sometimes, it’s hard to keep up. Let’s talk about How to Infuse your Workplace with Joy and Happiness. Hopefully, this will help to make your work life a little more pleasant.
Do you have a vision of your dream job?
Maybe it’s one marked by unshakeable respect, loyalty, and trust and you’re quite happy to work there until you retire.
But what if your 9 to 5 is like a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle with many missing pieces? It’s not as stimulating and exciting as you would like it to be.
For your own sanity, you have to find a way to transform your workspace into one of joy.
What makes a Workplace Joyous
A joyous work environment is one where there is:
- Mutual respect
Joyful Job = Happy Employee
How to bring Joy into Your Workplace
Here are 5 ways to infuse joy and happiness into your workplace:
1. Personalize your Workspace
Transform your workspace with personal touches to make it meaningful to you.
Here are a few ways to add joy to your work station:
- Liven up your walls with your vision board or a framed motivational quote.
- Add your personality with photos of your loved ones to make your drab desk sparkle.
- Splurge on fresh flowers or a pot plant to bring in color.
- Invest in a few choice desk gadgets like a mouse pad, stationery holder, and statement coffee mug.
2. Develop a Positive Mindset
Have you ever had a busy day when you felt ‘happy-tired’? That is what you want to feel at the end of every working day.
One of the best ways to bring joy to the workplace is to have the right attitude toward your work. Take time to reflect on your skills. To be ‘happy-tired’, you need to be challenged and energized by your tasks. So, think about how you can use your skills to make a positive contribution at work.
Be open-minded about the work allocated to you and do it diligently. One way to cope with a boring project is to practice gratitude for the job that is paying your bills.
Try to learn new skills to cope better with your workload. And do not hesitate to ask for help if you need it.
One workaround for mundane tasks is to bribe yourself. For example, promise yourself a strawberry sundae after work when you complete the dreaded sales report.
3. Get Organized
Use the right tools to keep on top of your To-Do List. Here are 2 must-haves that will help you to be super-efficient.
One – Google Calendar
Google calendar is a great option to avoid missing deadlines, meetings, presentations, or conferences. You can easily customize it to boost your productivity.
Here’s a simple YouTube tutorial by Dusty Porter on How to use Google calendar:
Two – Trello
Trello is a super easy to use visual Project Management system. Trello is made of boards that are made up of lists and further broken down into cards. At a glance, you can see your tasks for a given time period – day, week, or month.
It’s a great way to track the progress of a project if you’re collaborating with others.
So goodbye stress, hello competency and efficiency and ultimately being happier at work.
Here’s a YouTube video by Stewart Gauld on How to use Trello:
4. Healthy Work Habits
Cultivate healthy habits to help you meet the demands of your workday. Here are a few tips to do this:
- Stay hydrated. Carry a water bottle to work and top it up throughout the day to meet your water quota.
- Tuck into a healthy lunch and skip the morning coffee and doughnuts.
- Beat the afternoon slump by snacking a granola bar, fruit, or nuts.
- Try to get up from your desk at least once in 45 minutes. You could also try desk yoga or take a quick brisk walk around the block during breaks.
A healthy lifestyle will ensure that you have the staying power when your workday gets longer to meet deadlines.
5. Make Friends at Work
BFFs at work make a heavy workload lighter, so make an effort to make friends with your co-workers.
Here are a few ways to do this:
- When you take a break, chat with your colleagues. Make the effort to get to know them better.
- Offer help and support if you see a colleague struggling with a task.
- If a mom has to pick up a sick child, cover for them.
- Take the lead and organize fun events like themed workdays like Green Mondays or Sneakers Fridays.
- Food is always a great way to bond so start a bring and share day.
I hope you found “5 Simple Ways to Make your Workday more Joyful” to be both informative and fun. Be sure to share it with your friends and colleagues.
Leave your ideas below in the comments of how you make your work environment happier. I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Other posts that I know you will also enjoy reading:
5 Simple and Effective Ways to Overcome Challenges
5 Surprising Secrets to Living a Joy-Filled Life
The Powerful Keys to Unlock Your Courage
How to Build Your Power of Patience
Laughter is the Best Medicine
Did you know…..
You can have happiness and JOY delivered right to your inbox.
Just sign up below for my monthly emails. You’ll be glad you did.